Thursday, June 13, 2013

June 15, 2013 "Sunday Mainichi": Fukuda Mayuko (福田麻由子) Interview

Thanks to mayukofukuda.seesaa.net for the text.

 

Special Issue "High School’s True Ability"

Fukuda Mayuko

She entered the show business world since she was 9 years old. That's why experiencing a normal life and normal feelings is very precious.

Fukuda: Since I'm in the business of portraying human, it's necessary for me to go into the world so that I can come into contact with various people. In that sense, I decided to enter college.

Since this spring, she starts to attend the literature department of a private university in the center of Tokyo. The ability to study expressions from various media was her fascination.

Fukuda: It's not that I was conscious about the connection to work, but because I want to study something I'm interested in. As I thought about it, I eventually arrived at "expression".

Until now, the distinctions between work and not work are clear. So whether if it’s working, or the work ended today, that consciousness is strong, but it all changed as she entered college. In order for work, school, and private life all become a part of her life, her thought about work slowly begins to change.

Fukuda: Since I have something I want to study, that's why I'm going to school, and since I like to act, that's why I work. I realized that these things are what I want to do myself, that's why I do do them, so it’s becoming more enjoyable everyday.

Spending times together with the friends that has the same goals as her while preparing for her entrance exam, those productive times passed. Her best subject is Japanese. However, not able to have the result she wanted with Japanese was a bitter experience.

Fukuda: Compare to not doing well in World History, a class I'm weak in, I fell into a slump. Overcoming that wall was difficult.

An advice to the students that are studying for their entrance exam, "Make the best out of the preparing for exam privilege and enjoy it. When you give the excuse 'since I'm preparing for my exam', people won't get angry at you even if your room is a complete mess (laughs)" she said without any worries. As for work, even though she's anxious about performance as well as the evaluation of the work, she doesn’t have any hesitation.

Fukuda: In order to produce a good work, I put my all into it. I think that's already enough. I'm looking forward to how I will change for the projects hereafter.

From a fresh college student, her expression becomes like that of a genuine actress.

 

----------------

- First translation for June. I wanted to wait until there’s a scan of the interior, but I guess nobody is going to scan it, so… Beggar can’t be chooser.

- High school’s true ability… It’s more like the strength of each high school and which is the best high school for your kid kind of guide…. So hard to translate. (◎_◎;)

 

- Mayuko finished her stage play a bit more than 2 weeks ago, and from fan’s report, Mayuko’s character is really energetic (and moves around a lot).

- On the last day of the play, Shiga Kotaro-san, who played the 4 sisters’ father, posted a food art for the characters of “Iya Mushiro Wasurete Gusa” on his twitter. Beside from Mayuko and Shiga-san, I can’t really tell who’s who. ^^;; But he’s so talented!! (゜◇゜)

- Fans who went to the play was able to get their hand on the leaflet for Mayuko’s new movie “Flare”!!! According to the leaflet, other casts include Tanimura Mitsuki, Hirose Alice, etc… Thanks to Ootani-san for the picture.

- On the 7th Issue of Audition (that’s out a week or so ago), to celebrate the 200th issue, they are giving away wrist bands with written words from different people. Interestingly, Mayuko is one of those people. Mayuko wrote 「楽しんだもの勝ちです!」 or “To have fun is to win!”. Pretty interesting that in one interview before, the interviewer ask her to compare herself to a color, and she chose orange. ^^;; Thanks to NXFSDP for the picture.

- Last news of the day. This week is the last week “Sakura Futatabi no Kanako” will be showing in theaters. So that also means we are getting closer to the release of the DVD. ʘ‿ʘ

- Okay, just something extra that’s not really news but it is news. KS4 Creations (from the people who brought you the otome game “Taking Chances: A KamiShiYama Otome game”) is making another game named “Troublemaker” with Fukuda Mayuko as the main character. The story follows Mayuko as she becomes the bassist of the band MUSE. Her band mates/love interests are Yamada Ryosuke, Hongo Kanata, and Nakajima Yuto, with an appearance of Kamiki Ryunosuke. At the moment, the game is still in its development phase, but is planned to be release sometime during Mayuko’s birthday. Be sure to follow the progress on tumblr! I’m so excited!! Because Mayuko + music = ♥!!! °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖° Anyways, teaser video to heighten your excitement.

- Anything else? I can’t think of anything else, so… Bye bye ☆ミ(o*・ω・)ノ

4 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to how I will change for the projects hereafter. This is really making me excited :D I feel like Mayuko will get more variety in her roles soon.

    Also, thanks for the game promotion m(>.<)m hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope we'll be able to see her in a drama this year soon. ;_; I hope she's not being hold back because of "Flare" August and winter promotions.

      Fufu, what are fans for?

      Delete
  2. what is troublemaker about? haha is it like a drama or a video game or something?

    ReplyDelete