Thursday, September 13, 2012

Fukuda Mayuko (福田麻由子): Otona ni Naru Mae ni… 42

Fukuda Mayuko’s blog from FLaMme mobile.

 

We introduce you to Fukuda Mayuko’s strange thoughts and the things she’s interested in at the moment! Everyone, please enjoy!

September 7, 2012

42th Entry

“When Talking About Summer”

 

For the last summer break as a high school student, I had a barbecue with my classmates from last year. I was with 18 members that I’m always close with. Somehow, it has an “Amazing Youth!” feel.

With the river as the backdrop, we played rock-paper-scissor to form into teams for baseball and breaking watermelon. As it become dark, we also played with fireworks. Even though all of us are facing the period to prepare for our college entrance exam and didn’t have time to play, but someone suggested “Let’s do a lot of summer-like things today!” and all of us gathered for one day to have fun.

That evening, next to the river, we talked continuously. If only these times won’t end, was part of our conversation. During the period as a high school student, I always want these times to continue. Isn’t it wonderful like this everyday?

Even though I got a suntan from it, when meeting with the people at the office during this time, I didn’t talk about it. So I’m letting it out all at once.

 

---------------

- An unusual and somehow easy to understand entry. I was really surprised when I read it for the first time. Also unusual was the fact that I was able to access this entry. I don’t know what happen but it’s quite lucky.

- I’m not sure how many students are usually in a typical Japanese class, but if it’s around 30 students, isn’t 18 people already more than half of the class? Also, you would wonder if they are girls only or a mix of boys and girls. I’m really amazed at her ability to make friend. Though we don’t have that type of 1 class system where I live (we have multiple classes, typical of the US), I don’t think I am ever good friend with 18 people at once. The most is probably 10.

- Mayuko is going to college. I am proud of her. I hope she’ll get into whichever school she choose. (*^^*)

 

2 comments:

  1. Class size and ratio of girls and boys depends on her school.

    No surprise about the college. It's pretty standard. The Maeda Sisters both have degrees (Aoyama and Hosei respectively.) Inoue Mao was at Meiji, Kawashima Umika and Shida Mirai both got into Meiji. Those three are among the top universities in Japan. I expect Mayu to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info. It was really educational.

      You're definitely right. Mayuko has a big shoe to fill. As for me, I just hope she's doing what she want, and going where she want. I guess I'm too influenced with my own situation, where a prestigious school doesn't necessarily give you what you want in life, beside from a name and a huge debt to pay back.

      Well, in her own way, I think Mayuko is already a rebel. So at this moment, I really don't know what she's thinking regarding her education. But I hope it's a wise decision in the long run.

      Delete